For Researchers

Research Proposal Submission

The Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest is administered and managed by the Northern Research Station of the U.S. Forest Service as a site for long-term research on forest hydrology and ecosystem processes. In order to perform research at Hubbard Brook, you will need written permission from Dr. Scott Bailey, lead scientist for the Northern Research Station and chair of the Research Approval Committee, at
   U.S. Forest Service, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest
   234 Mirror Lake Road North Woodstock, NH 03262
   Phone: (603)726-8902

   How to submit proposals...
   Online submission form...

Data Submission

All data collected as part of the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study (HBES) is subject to inclusion in the HBES Datasets database which is publicly available on this website. Data should be submitted to the HBES Information Manager within two years of collection, along with corresponding metadata (documentation describing how the data was collected). For HBES policies regarding data use, please see the Information Management section.

The LTER network has made a tremendous effort in recent years to standardize metadata reporting in order to facilitate cross-site comparison of compatible data. They have developed an Excel template to help researchers submit more complete and uniform metadata. Please use this metadata template to document each of your datasets and submit it along with your data. To see examples of the required content, please browse the HBES Datasets.

Send data, metadata and inquiries to: Mary Martin, Information Manager
   University of New Hampshire Earth Systems Research Center
   8 College Road, Durham NH 03824
   Phone: 603-862-4508

Research Tools



Hubbard Brook Forest Biomass and Phystosociology Calculators

Add or Update CV

Add or Update CV

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Contact the Hubbard Brook Information Manager for gallery login access (access to full resolution photos and photos not displayed on the public gallery).

Researcher's Intranet

Login to Researcher's Intranet...
In this area you can update CV's and get the latest data, etc.